Street Markets go on from early in the morning until around 14:00 o´clock.
If asking for directions, the name for a street market is “mercadillo” pronounced merkadiyo.
Every day they open in a different town across the coast. Here is the usual schedule.
- Benalmádena - Friday: Behind the Train Station
- Coin - Saturday: in the Town Centre
- Estepona - Wednesday: Fair Ground
- Fuengirola - Tuesday: Fair Ground
- Malaga - Sunday: Martiricos (near to La Rosaleda Football Stadium)
- Wednesday: Market next to Av. Juan XXIII
- Thursday: In Cruz de humilladero area
- Saturday: In El Palo area
- Marbella - Monday: Fair Ground – Las Albarizas
- Mijas - La Cala – Wednesday
- La Cala II – Saturday
- Las Lagunas – Saturday (on the Mijas Golf Road)
- Ojén - Saturday: Plaza de Andalucía
- Puerto Banus - Saturday: Old bull ring area (Plaza de Toros) - Nueva Andalucía
- San Pedro - Thursday: San Pedro Alcántara